ActionAid Food for Asset Technical Officer Job in Mwingi Kenya
ActionAid International Kenya (AAIK) is a member of ActionAid Federation; ActionAid works in more than 40 countries all over the world, in the places where we can make the biggest impact.
We tackle poverty and denial of human rights at the local level, and we challenge the causes behind them locally, nationally and globally.
In Kenya AAIK works in solidarity with women and people living in poverty and exclusion; connecting their voices, sharing ideas, spreading inspiration, campaigning, advocating and formulating public policy to eradicate poverty and ensure social justice.
We therefore seek to recruit dynamic and innovative person to fill the following vacancy at respective location.
Position: Food for Asset Technical Officer
Based in Mwingi
Reporting: Project Co?ordinator
Reporting to the Project Co?ordinator, Will review previous activities of rain water harvesting, including runoff/run?on under the overall supervision of the FFA projects.
Main responsibility will be to ensure proper design, implementation and monitoring of food for assets projects in areas covered by Isiolo PRRO project.
The main tasks for this post will include but not limited to:
- To ensure community Based targeting and distribution guidelines are followed.
- To ensure that food For Asset guidelines are adhered to.
- Working with DSGs in the district.
- Identify areas that have good potential (based on social?cultural, land slopes, soils and rainfall) for rainwater harvesting based projects.
- Develop clear boundaries of watershed of the identified projects
- Consult the community leaders and communities on the most suitable intervention focusing, but not limited to RWH for the specific areas.
- Develop project proposals for the implementation of the identified projects and present for approval through the relevant structures.
- Develop actionable work plans for implementation of FFA activities
- Develop appropriate partnership with respective line ministries, NGOs, CBOs and UN agencies
- Train the communities and staff on the implementation of RWH technologies
- Organize and supervise the communities during the implementation of FFA projects
- Prepare monthly progress report on FFA and submit to the relevant organizations
- As part of the Regional team participate in pursuing the implementation of the CSP
- Prepare and share timely and accurate documentation of lessons learnt to promote best practise.
- Work towards increased levels of transparency and Accountability.
- Analytical skills,
- Project management knowledge,
- Grants management,
- Monitoring & evaluation,
- Capacity development,
- Performance management,
- Budgeting & budgetary control,
- Resource mobilization and monitoring,
- Documentation, information management and reporting,
- Stakeholder management,
- Negotiating; influencing; persuasiveness; planning and organizing; problem analysis; oral communication; written communication; results orientation; self?development; team?player; pro?activeness; creativity; gender sensitive; group leadership; listening; judgement; coaching.
- Organisational learning and capacity development
- A degree in agriculture engineering/soil, Water and environmental management/natural resources management
- More than five years practical experience
- Proven experience of working with rural communities and participatory planning
- Good understanding of dry land farming (crops and livestock)
- Good understanding of community mobilization and participatory methods
- Mature and confident to deal with district authorities at all district levels, communities and community leaders
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity
- Able to build strong relationships and partnerships with relevant agencies at district level
- Good team player, self starter, has ability to work under minimum supervision and maintain good relationships
This position profile will be updated at regular intervals to reflect changing work practices or priorities and especially following performance reviews.
You must be willing to reside in the designated station.
How to apply:
Kindly send a detailed CV to the email address email@example.com
ActionAid is an equal opportunities employer.
Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.
action, actionable-work, actionaid, based-on-social, designated, dsgs, eradicate, harvesting, identified, implementation, international, lessons-learnt, ordinator, policy, poverty, project, rain, rainwater, recruit-dynamic, relevant, reporting, result, runoff, slopes, the-designated, the-relevant, watershed
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
$5.00 for 30 days
Jobs by Location
- Homa Bay
Jobs by Day
Jobs by Month
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
Get Jobs Updates
- public relation jobs
- catering and hospitality
- driver vacancy
- graduate trainee application
- KENYA CADET RECRUITMENT
- Fleet and Logistics Officer
- finance system ywca in kenya
- g4s 2012 management trainees