Director, Legal Services at Parliamentary Service Commission
Director, Legal Services at Parliamentary Service Commission in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
The Parliamentary Service Commission seeks to recruit Persons who are Energetic and result Oriented in the following Positions:
DIRECTOR, LEGAL SERVICES (NATIONAL ASSEMBLY) (PSC 15)
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities for this position include-
- head of the legal services function of the Senate;
- legal advisor to the Speaker, the Clerk, Committees and Senators on legislative business including all matters dealing with Bills and amendments to Bills;
- preparation of legal opinions on matters relating to the functions of the Senate;
- assisting Committees and individual Senators with the drafting of Bills and amendments to Bills and providing other legal services;
- responsible to the Speaker for legal advice and opinion, the drafting and preparation of legal documents and legal research;
- supervision, guidance, counselling, training and development of all the staff in the Directorate of Legal Services; and
- coordination, administration and overall management of the legal services provided to the Senate.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position, a candidate must-
- be the holder of a Bachelors degree in Law from a recognized university and be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya, or possess an equivalent qualification in common-law jurisdiction;
- have at least seven (7) years’ experience as an advocate of the High Court, a Judge or a professionally qualified Magistrate; or
- have at least seven (7) years’ experience as a distinguished academic or legal practitioner or such experience in some other relevant legal field;
- be the holder of a certificate in legislative drafting from a recognized institution;
- be in possession of a current Advocate’s Practising Certificate; A Masters degree in Law will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
Applications including Curriculum Vitae and Copies of Certificates and Testimonials should be addressed to:-
Parliamentary Service Commission.
P.O. Box 41842 – 00100
Deadline for the applications is 6th December, 2012.