Director, Speaker’s Office of the National Assembly at Parliamentary Service Commission
Director, Speaker’s Office of the National Assembly at Parliamentary Service Commission – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Our client, the Parliamentary Service Commission (“PSC”), is constitutionally mandated to manage the administration of parliament. This includes the provision of services and facilities to ensure effective and efficient running of parliament, preparation of parliamentary expenditure budgets and estimates, constitution of offices in the parliamentary services and the appointment and supervision of office holders. The Constitution of Kenya 2010 introduced the citizens of Kenya to a new parliamentary system through the establishment of a Senate in addition to a National Assembly as set out in Chapter 8. In recognition that each arm of parliament has a distinct but uniquely different role and function, PSC wishes to recruit for positions in the administration structure of each arm of parliament and the Parliamentary Joint Services (‘PJS”) that supports the members of both structures.
DIRECTOR , SPEAKER ’S OFFICE OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY ( ESS 477)
Reporting to the Speaker of the National Assembly, the Director shall be responsible for the co-ordination of administrative activities in the Speaker’s Office and will be responsible for:
- Acting as the liaison person between the Speaker’s Office and the rest of the parliamentary offices;
- Carrying out research, preparation of speeches and overseeing travel and protocol arrangements in the Speaker’s Office;
- Preparation and review of correspondence and reports as directed by the Speaker.
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelors degree in Social Sciences, Humanities or a relevant field. A Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of three years at the level of Senior Clerk Assistant in parliament or a comparable position in the public or private sector.
For all the positions in the National Assembly, it is important that the jobholders
- Have attended a senior management or leadership course from a recognised institution;
- Demonstrated enduring flair for parliamentary procedure and practice, including comparative experience of other parliamentary jurisdictions coupled with wide experience in the role, functions and operations of parliament;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style; and
- The ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
If you believe you fit the required profile, please send your applications in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 20 July 2012 quoting the job reference number and the title of the position you are applying for.
In addition, please provide your curriculum vitae containing details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current and expected remuneration as well as copies of professional/academic certificates.
Include your day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address, names and addresses of three references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
2010-introduced, assembly, assembly-as-set, careers, curriculum, enduring-flair, establishment, includes, jobholders, joint-services, office, parliamentary, positions, qualifications, social, the-jobholders, wide-experience, your-curriculum
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
$5.00 for 30 days
Jobs by Location
- Homa Bay
Jobs by Day
Jobs by Month
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
Get Jobs Updates
- iebc clerks form
- travel consultant
- article writing jobs
- kenya Agricultural research institute