FHI 360 Laboratory Specialist Job in Nairobi Kenya
FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach.
Our staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world.
Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions.
We seek qualified candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Laboratory Specialist
Project: Clinical Research Services Support (CRSS)
Location: FHI 360, Nairobi
Reference #: FHI360-LAS-027
This position will require the incumbent to perform laboratory audit and provide technical assistance, capacity building, training, and quality assurance services to clinical laboratories serving, FHI 360 research, public health programs and Clinical Research Services Support (CRSS).
In addition, provides these same services to third-party funded programs.
Prepares laboratory procedures and manuals and trains staff in their use.
Prepares reports and leads the follow-up of technical assistance and assessment visits to include corrective actions and capacity building initiatives.
- Degree in Biological Science or Laboratory Sciences within a clinical or diagnostic discipline with 5- 7 years relevant experience or Higher National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology with 7-9 years relevant experience within a clinical or research laboratory including experience with laboratory audit, quality control and quality assurance systems and implementation.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Ability and aptitude to provide detailed laboratory audit and capacity building services and to perform quality assurance assessments against accepted national and international standards and GCLP requirements.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills including experience in training and mentoring staff and audit.
- Ability to travel within Kenya and across Africa for up to 50% of the time.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Please specify source in your application and quote the Reference # provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements to be received not later than May 25, 2012.
Those who are not able to access the career center can apply via email to: Kenya-HR@fhi360.org
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.