Insurance Group Training & Development Manager Job in Kenya
Our client, one of the largest insurance groups in the region, with well-established insurance operations in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania is seeking to recruit a Training & Development Manager.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the design and rollout of talent and leadership development programs across the Company.
Training needs assessment
- Develop and implement the company’s training strategy based on the corporate strategy and changing business needs.
- Identify and document training needs across the company through job analysis, review of corporate strategies and appraisal schemes as well as discussions with business managers and employees.
Training resources and budget
- Develop training budgets and ensure expenditure on all training interventions and programmes are within the approved budget.
- Design, develop and implement evaluation systems to track ROI for all training interventions.
- Manage the Company’s e-learning programme to ensure that uptake of e-learning across the company is maintained at high levels.
- Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Develop and establish a coaching and mentoring culture in the company.
- Coordinate the Company’s professional training programme and ensure increasing numbers of staff attain professional certification in CII, IIK, CPA, ACCA etc.
- Monitor and review the progress of on-the-job-training for management trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers and the trainees.
- Identify and evaluate training service providers by surveying, investigating, requesting proposals and interviewing potential trainers.
- Identify, develop and maintain a pool of competent internal resources that can manage and deliver training events and facilitate specific training interventions.
- Publish and distribute an annual training calendar with courses that cater for specific knowledge or skills gaps.
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role with a proven track record of creating and implementing long-term corporate wide programs and roll outs within a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to assess, evaluate, design and implement training solutions based on analysis and metrics.
- Excellent presentation skills with strong abilities to facilitate successful presentations and training programs to individuals and/or large groups at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional public speaking, persuasiveness, counseling and mentoring skills.
- Strategic thinking, business and results oriented, self-directed.
To apply, send your CV ONLY and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 20th July 2012.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and the minimum salary expectation on the subject line.