KEMRI / CDC Auto Electrical Technician Job in Kisumu Kenya
KEMRI / CDC Research & Public Health Collaboration
Vacancy No. K59/05/2012
This program is collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention whose remit is to conduct research in malaria, HIV and other diseases.
It is in this mandate that the program has a vacancy in Base Transport
Position: Auto Electrical Technician
Reports to: Head Mechanic.
Location: Kisumu – Kisian
- A minimum Form four KCSE – D+ or equivalent or its equivalent
- Must hold a certificate in Motor Vehicle Electricals from a recognized technical institution or polytechnic
- Must have a valid Driving License Classes B, C, E.
- The incumbent must have three (3) years professional experience in electric and electronic diagnosis; unit overhauls e.g. Alternators and Starters, handling Toyota Land Cruisers/Hilux’s 4WD’s
- Excellent written and verbal English.
The incumbent will carry out trouble shooting, repairing and servicing vehicle fleet monitoring gadgets fleet log.
He/she will also carry out trouble shooting of vehicle electric faults.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out In/Out vehicle Inspections on electric faults
- Trouble shooting and repairing vehicles electric faults
- Overhaul and repair electric units e.g. Starter/Alternators
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Applications must include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Certificates, Transcripts driving Licence, Current & valid Certificate of Good conduct
Applications are due no later than: 27th May 2012 to:
Human Resource Manager,
PO Box 1578, Kisumu.
or E-mail to email@example.com
Applications MUST include copies of certificates and Transcripts.
Applications without these will be disregarded.
KEMRI/CDC is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview meeting and processing of any letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately to 0701112145.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.