Project Coordinator at Lutheran World Federation
Project Coordinator at Lutheran World Federatio in Turkana– Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
The Lutheran World Federation
Department for World Service Kenya Programme
( LWF is a founding member of ACT -Action by Churches Together)
Lutheran World Federation/Department for World Service Kenya Program is seeking to recruit a Kenyan nationals for the following positions:
PROJECT COORDINATOR ,
Based at Turkana Host Community and Dadaab Project – 2 Positions
The Project Coordinators; shall be responsible to and report directly to the Area Coordinator for the carrying out of his/her duties. This is a senior professional position, which requires effective diplomacy plus critical, analytical, facilitative and communication skills as well as representational and management skills. Guided by the DWS Country Strategy, the PC’s functions and responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to, the following;
More specifically the duties and responsibilities shall include the following:
- Responsible for management of all issues relating to the project cycle in accordance with the project agreements and Memorandums of Understanding ( MOU ), with related agencies and back donors.
- To be responsible for the supervision and training of those staff responsible to him/her in the proper conduct of their duties.
- Maintain close collaboration with partners, including UNHCR , WFP , UNICEF , FAO , Government of Kenya line Ministries, other agencies, and host and refugee community leaders at all times and phases of the project.
- Ensure adherence to the existing policy documents (and manuals)
- Closely work with and supervise the Sector Heads, and in collaboration with the Programme office in Nairobi in drawing up Proposals that represent the community needs.
- Responsible for the verification, review and submission to the AC of project level weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual detailed project implementation and monitoring reports that measure and indicate progress achievement in meeting set goals and objectives
- To ensure that project proposals, monitoring & evaluation activities, progress reports and other documentation relating to ‘project cycle’ matters are developed, finalized and submitted to the Area Coordinator within the relevant time frame.
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure close supervision, monitoring and coordination of activities and update the Area Coordinator.
- To participate in meetings and other official missions as a representative for the LWF Host Community Projects.
- To be a member of the Project Management Team and the Joint Management Team that meets quarterly.
- To be a participating member of the interview panel for the recruitment of staff.
- Any other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or person designated by him/her
- A degree in Sociology, Social Work, Development Studies, Anthropology or a related social science discipline from a recognized university.
- A degree in a related discipline would also be considered.
- Proven academic or on-job training and understanding of the Project Cycle model in managing humanitarian assistance
Relevant Experience and skills
- At least three (3) years of progressive experience in development or humanitarian progamme management at senior management level. Experience gained within an international humanitarian NGO will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical, facilitation and documentation experience with humanitarian programmes.
- Experience in proposals and report writing.
- Strong representation, negotiation and coordination experience and skills gained from working with UN organizations, national and international NGO ’s
- Leading and coordinating multi-sectoral activities within a humanitarian NGO .
- Practical experience of using the Project Cycle tool in the humanitarian sector.
- Working knowledge and experience of humanitarian principles, lawa and standards.
- Experience in Training of Trainers/Facilitation skills ( TOT & TOF ).
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, use of internet and email.
- High level of integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Strong inter-personal and team building skills
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
LWF /DWS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
LWF /DWS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Applications and detailed CV must include email address and telephone contacts of 3 referees, one of whom must be your supervisor in your current/former employment.
They should reach the undersigned by close of business on 1 ‘ May, 2012:*
C/o Office Administrator, P.O. Box 40870, GPO -00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Or e-mail to: Hrlwfkenya.email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more details, visit our website: www.lwf-kenya.org
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
$5.00 for 30 days
Jobs by Location
- Homa Bay
Jobs by Day
Jobs by Month
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
Get Jobs Updates
- action aid
- medical laboratory jobs
- Communication Officer
- machakos university
- generator mechanic
- presiding officer job at iebc
- jobs for form four leavers